Sunday, December 19, 2010

What about my body-body?


I learned alot in Artistic Anatomy.
Although I kept using myself as reference (haha probably a lack of time and effort on my part) so alot of the times I just kept singing: "What about my body-body?/You wanna paint my body-body?!"
But I was an excellent resource, and I've learned alot about how to build figures and how to get asense of interconnectivity. Now it's just time to get some of that into my own personal work (lol, it definitely wasn't there when I was painting as quickly as possible for comics and such)


Anyway onto some of the work





Sadly, I haven't scanned/photographed much of the work.
But I feel like figure drawing/painting makes so much more sense now.
Currently I'm revisiting Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Figure Drawing.





I remember buying this book when I was 14? 15?
At that point I could barely focus on the what the book was actually teaching. I could just try and copy all the images. But there are some good lessons in here, which makes inventing figures and manipulating resources/reference images alot easier.

When I get back to RISD I'll be sure to scan some sketchbook pages/some more of my anatomy work from this past semester.

ALSO, can we talk about how wonderful Burne Hogarth's name is?
It's nice a collection of two great illustrators in one (William Hogarth and Edward Burne-Jones.)
Or it's subconsciouslly telling us to burn Hogarth.
Hehe :]

No comments: