Sunday, December 19, 2010

More comics from this semester




The Masquerade



The Garden




I find that my comics this semester honestly weren't that successful in terms of story-telling. If I had a solution for telling the story, it wasn't visually compelling. Or I would figure out the imagery and some of the compositions, but I'd try to fit in way too much/resolve plots in a short-short page number.
If I wanted to create comics professionally, I would REALLY have to learn how to paint faster, more efficiently...and manage to have the viewer understand the story.
Text definitely could have provided clarity, but I would like to get to the point that my visuals alone can tell the story. Not to mention dealing with text/typography is a challenge (hehe I should git sum typography skillzz soon)
However...I feel like I learned SO much from the class. It really pushed me, and forced me to get better/faster (if I actually wanted to finish the assignment) haha. The skills and knowledge that I gained in the class can really be applied to all of mi work.


hurrr durrrrrrrr.
i'm rambling.

No comments: