Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"OH HAI GAIZ~!! What's going on?"

Blogs weird me out. I'd say I'm a pretty talktative person, but I kind of come up empty when I'm posting. It's not that I have nothing to say, I just feel like blog posts that are entertaining can come off extremely forced (and I'm insanely EN-TO-TAAIIIINNNNNNNED-ED). I guess this has to be one of those ~*streams of consciousness*~ (a la Kelli Auerbach).

Anyway I was supposed to create a blog over the summer and talk about the ~*transition*~ from highschool to college. But then I fell asleep. . .every day of the summer. So skip a few months, some eye opening experiences, and here I am at the end of wintersession. I'm taking an intro to illustration class with Shanth Enjeti (the biggest bamf around, who deserves an award in being sublime). The class is truly amazing, it's pushed me in a direction that I would have never even fathomed.

Here are some of the assignments that I've done for the class. The majority of them are wack (wiggidty wack? nope. just regular type) but they get better.

Zombie attack on RISD Campus

The Nurturer -- Use one of Maxfield Parrish's reference models and place her in an original composition.

Grimm's Fairy Tales: The Juniper Tree and The Seven Ravens

A Call to Arms, "LIZARD PEOPLE ARISE! Let's go to warrrrr~" lawlz. It's another Maxfield Parrish master copy (with a few elements changed around).

Anyway life is good, life is sweet. I feel like there's so much I could say, but my fingers are tired, and I don't want to have an epileptic seizure from looking at this computer screen for hours.
See you next blog post--you is a punk!

Blogs still weird me out.
It's like I'm talking to myself.
Weirded out'd'ddd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog already.

And it's awesome to see your improvement throughout each of the pieces. :D